July 19, 2015

I Jinxed Myself.

Apparently I should've stayed away from this little blog because I completely jinxed myself.

Friday night, around 7pm, I went to use the restroom and much to my utter shock there was blood. Not just a little either. It was clear that I was beginning a light flow.

I walked out and just stared at E. He gave me that look of, "What happened, now??" and I told him. He obviously didn't understand until I explained that it was way, way too early. And I only had a 5 day luteal phase (again, much explanation was needed).

Now here's where my concern was coming from:

  1. Pre-surgery, my cycles ranged from 30-32 days and never any shorter or longer (unless pregnant). This was only a 25 cycle, and honestly, I could handle that.
  2. BUT, pre-surgery my luteal phase was ALWAYS 13 days (again, unless pregnant). In all of the months that I temped and used OPKs, it never strayed from 13 days. According to Fertility Friend, I only had a 5 DAY LUTEAL PHASE. Alarms went off and panic set in. I certainly know what a luteal phase that short means.
  3. I tried to calm myself and remind myself that my body has been through a lot in the past few months, so maybe that's why and it's just a wonky cycle. But then I committed a cardinal sin - I checked out Google. It seemed as though every story I came across, the women were lucky enough to have cycles identical to how they were pre-surgery. Commence total freak out.
Luckily, I've calmed down a bit and have mostly convinced myself that it's probably just a really, really weird cycle and everything will go back to normal. But I'm still calling Dr. M. tomorrow just to chat and express my fears of Asherman's Syndrome.

And with that, I think it's clear that we will not be trying for a baby this month.

Nothing. Ever. Goes. Smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. Surgery can REALLY mess with your body. I'm hoping your wonky cycle is a result of that and nothing else. What did the doctor say?

    ReplyDelete