July 22, 2015

More Bloodwork

I heard back from one of the nurses today.

They want me to use ovulation tests starting at cycle day 10 and continue with then until I get a positive. Then, they want me to come in on cycle day 21 to check my progesterone levels to confirm that ovulation has occurred. She reminded me that a 12-14 day luteal phase is optimal for conception. I explained again how I came to the conclusion that mine wa so my 5 days last cycle and then asked  if I should wait and see if I self-regulate this cycle and wait until the next. Her response was that Dr. M. wants me to take care of it this cycle so if there is an issue, we can take care of it sooner rather than later.

Sigh.

It makes me nervous. We had NO issues whatsoever getting pregnant before my resection. No, we haven't had issues post-surgery because we haven't tried yet, but in terrified of it becoming a reality. Fingers crossed everything just magically works itself out!

4 comments:

  1. Again, keep in mind that surgery throws everything out of whack, including your hormones. I had two major surgeries between 2008 and 2012 and after both I was convinced I'd gotten pregnant because I had every pregnancy symptom in the book. I wasn't. My estrogen soared post-surgery and it gave me nausea and bloating and a host of other crap that was so so so confusing.

    Bodies are resilient but some need longer than others to get it together. I know that after everything you've been through it's hard to have to keep waiting stuff out. Just know that others have been there and are there for you, to offer support and encouragement every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really hoping everything just needs to sort itself out and I'll go back to normal soon. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
    2. Hey, just checking in. How are you doing?

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Things are going well. I'm so happy that jellybean is doing well :)

      Delete