May 13, 2015

The Start of a New Chapter?

Today's the day and I'm scared.

I met with Dr. M. on Monday and she solidified the idea in my head that this is an exploratory surgery. She still thinks there will be something to resect/fix, but she can't say that with certainty until she gets in there. So that means one of two things will happen:
  1. If it ends up being just an arcuate uterus, there is nothing they can really do. In that case they'll take a ton of pictures and send me off to a Reproductive Endocrinologist armed with all of my pictures, blood work, chromosome analyses, etc.
  2. If it's a septum, they'll resect it and insert a balloon catheter. The catheter would be in for 5-6 days and it would be taken out in office. I would also take estrogen for a month followed by 10 days of progesterone which would bring on a bleed. We would then need to wait 3 cycles to ensure the lining builds up enough before trying to conceive again.
I slept horribly last night and had some really, really screwed up dreams. Then this morning I had a minor cry when I was telling E how nervous and scared I am that they won't be able to do anything. It feels (and sounds) so wrong, but I've been praying that there is a septum in there and they'll be able to fix it. I just want there to be an identifiable problem and a solution, which takes place today. That's not too much to ask for, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment