February 17, 2015

Testing.

At my post-miscarriage appointment, Dr. M and I discussed our next steps. Game plan in hand, I felt much more optimistic. It included:

1. Re-test my thyroid.
2. Test for a handful of clotting disorders.
3. Karyotype testing of both E and I.
4. Check out my uterus to look for a septum.

She also said that she would be more than happy to refer me to a Reproductive Endocrinologist if I wanted, but E and I decided that we weren't quite ready for that yet.

My thyroid, once again, came back normal so we moved on to clotting testing. This turned out to be a nightmare. Once I got the list of tests (anticardiolipin antibody, anti lupus antibody, beta 2 glycoprotein, protein c activity, protein s activity, antithrombin III gene mutation, prothrombin gene mutation) I received the "OK" from our insurance company and had my 13 vials of blood sucked from my body. Seriously, I was concerned about driving because I've never had that much blood taken before!

The antilupus antibody, protein c activity, and protein s activity all came back normal. The others, well, who knows. There was some kind of miscommunication with the lab and the rest of the samples were lost.

More on this in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment