April 8, 2015

Next Step

I spoke with Dr. M yesterday and again today. Here's how the conversations went:

Yesterday
The good news is that E is chromosomally normal! Woohoo! She read the entire disclosure to me which states that this test isn't able to detect certain issues but she said those issues are very rare and he doesn't have any glaring chromosomal issues. I figured as much :)

We still don't have the pathology results. I had the surgery on March 13th, so hopefully we'll have them soon. A month's time is fast approaching!

I told her what the ultrasound tech and radiologist assistant had to say about my ultrasound. She didn't have the results yet but said that she was pretty confident that something is there. She mentioned that she could feel something during the D&C and saw what she thought was a septum during the diagnostic hysterocopy. I asked if what she saw could've been a "heart shaped" uterus and she said it was possible and was hoping that the images would give her a better idea.

She then shared a story of someone close to her who had had fertility issues. It really is amazing how personable she is and how wonderful she's been throughout this entire process. I'm so thankful!

Today
She received my ultrasound report and unfortunately, they came back as normal and she didn't get a good view. Now, I'll have to go for a MRI. Sigh. I heard from her office manager and was told that the radiologist should call within 24-48 hours. I figure if I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably call. Clearly I'm good at waiting nowadays!

At this point I'm praying that I can get in for a MRI within the next week and a half, TOPS. This is torture!

2 comments:

  1. Did you get your MRI scheduled yet? Have you ever had one before? They're really not fun, which is why I ask. Wearing a sleep mask helps. It makes you forget how close your face is to the top of the machine.

    I'm glad you have a good doctor you can trust. Still pulling for you to get those answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am scheduled for Friday at 3:45 and thankfully my doctor's office called today to let me know that the pre-authorization is all squared away. Phew!

    I had a MRI when I was in high school and hated every minute of it. The sleep mask is a good recommendation! I'm hoping it won't take too long!

    ReplyDelete