March 19, 2015

One Week

Well, we've survived the first week since losing our angel. I suppose we technically lost him/her before that but it's been one week since we found out. What's happened in that week?
  • An awful and traumatizing ultrasound.
  • Discussing our options with Dr. M.
  • Discussing the next steps with Dr. M.
  • A flu bug or working myself up so much that I made myself physically ill.
  • 7 1/2 hours in the ER due to dehydration.
  • Second guessing a D&C.
  • Crying in the operating room and having Dr. M. comfort me.
  • Having a D&C and sending off our little one to be tested.
  • Finding a uterine septum.
  • Countless tears.
  • Many discussions with E about the future.
  • Surviving a pregnant lady bumping into me with her very pregnant belly in the grocery store...2 days after surgery.
  • Surviving a Facebook pregnancy announcement with a due date 16 days after our second angel should have been joining us.
  • Hope.
The first week after a loss is always the most difficult and I feel like E and I have handled it very well this time. I think our new found hope has a lot to do with it. Maybe we have an answer for our losses?

But we still have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment